Vaginoplasty is the Male to Female Sex Reassignment Surgery used to create the most natural female genitalia possible for transgender women.
Receive preferential prices
Save up to your medical treatment including travel expenses
Vaginoplasty is the surgical technique that allows the creation of a neovagina in an anatomical position and with a minimum depth that allows normal and full sexual relations.
This surgery can be carried out in two different ways, although the most common is Penile Skin Inversion (PSI). Generally, in any transsexual patient who, meeting the standards of care, decides to undergo a vaginoplasty, this will be the first technique to be considered. A Sigma-colon interponate can also be performed.
The surgeon will determine which is the most appropriate technique for the patient, always taking into account her specific characteristics.
Spain is a leader in clinical research based on the most advanced procedures, pioneering in genital, plastic and aesthetic surgery, making them one of the most important treatments in Spain.
VidasPrime puts at your disposal prestigious doctors with extensive experience in this surgery who apply the most successful techniques being performed in Asia, specifically in Thailand.
You will achieve excellent aesthetic and functional results.
We know how important it is to take this step to start a full life, so we want to be by your side and offer you support at all times during this process. In addition, we offer you quick access to our clinics without waiting lists.
Our priority is that you feel comfortable at every step of this important transition and that your recovery after surgery is as quick and safe as possible.
Can we help you?
In a few moments, one of our specialists will contact you.
Ms Williams, recommends Spain for reassignment surgery and discusses her reasons why. She also talks us through her medical experience and how VidasPrime guaranteed she had an overall outstanding experience.
This surgical procedure is suitable for adult transgender women with documented gender dysphoria who have undergone the necessary psychological evaluations and hormonal treatments to reach the final transition stage.
Before the gender reassignment intervention is performed, the following requirements need to be met, as the changes the patient undergoes are irreversible:
- Being of full legal age.
- Have undergone hormonal therapy for a minimum period of 9 months before the gender reassignment intervention.
- Maintain contact with a psychologist who can rule out the existence of a transitory psychological condition and who certifies that the patient suffers a real process of transsexuality.
- Have a certificate processed by a psychiatrist that confirms the diagnosis of transsexuality. This is a necessary legal requirement to carry out the surgical procedure.
- Sign an informed consent that states the irreversibility of the surgery as well as the possible complications resulting from it.
Vaginoplasty is performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between 5 to 9 hours depending on the technique which the surgeon considers necessary.
Penile Skin Inversion (PSI) consists of:
- Making an incision in the midline of the penis.
- The testicles and spermatic cords are removed.
- The skin of the penis is used to build the vaginal walls.
- The vaginal cavity is built between the bladder and the rectum.
- The urethral canal is redirected and the erectile tissue is removed.
- The skin of the scrotum is used to create the vaginal lips.
- Part of the glans (with blood vessels and nerve endings intact) is used to build the clitoris, which will be sensitive and erogenous.
For the more complex vaginoplasty (Sigma-colon interponate), which is performed with the intestine, an incision is made in the abdomen through which approximately 15 cm of the large intestine is removed and placed in the perineal area. The rest of the operation, after reconnecting the intestine for proper function, is carried out in the same way as the previous one.
After your time in the recovery room, you will be taken to the ward, where you will remain for 7 to 10 days.
On the ward you will receive the necessary care and rehabilitation to facilitate your discharge and return home.
During your stay in the hospital and for a few weeks after discharge, you will wear a catheter for urination.
After the first week you will begin the dilation exercises which you must continue to do after discharge. These dilations are performed daily to give the neovagina an adequate width to enable future penetration during intercourse.
After Vaginoplasty and recovery, the patient will have a functional, anatomical, aesthetically similar vagina to any woman.
The vagina will allow you to maintain satisfactory sexual activity, with a depth of penetration of at least 10-12 cm, excellent sensitivity and normal urinary function.
The vulva will be covered by the labia minora and majora.
If everything goes well, you could return to home after your 15-day check-up, but if possible, it would be recommendable to stay in Spain for three or four weeks in order to monitor your recovery.
You should be fully recovered within two to three months.